Pretty much any time we go anywhere scenic, at least one person will ask me to take their picture. I take very nice pictures of them. Every once in awhile I will ask someone to take our picture. I say, push the button halfway to focus, then all the way to shoot. I only ask people who are carrying their own cameras and I am pretty sure this is how most digital cameras work, right?
Yet almost invariably, we end up with a completely out of focus, crooked, feet-chopped-off photo. So you can imagine how pleased I was when today’s shooter returned my camera to me. Look at that. Nicely composed with our whole bodies in, heads above the horizon [which, you’ll notice, is not at a 45° angle!]. Thanks, lady stranger, you totally made my day!
[Asilomar State Beach, Pacific Grove, California]
THREE NAMES YOU GO BY:
THREE THINGS YOU ARE WEARING RIGHT NOW:
1. the perfect beige tank. i was kind of hoping J. would be wearing hers today, too, so we could be twinsies. but we did not coordinate.
2. beige lace top.
3. shorts. it is finally warm. i’m going to the beach in a moment.
THREE THINGS YOU WANT VERY BADLY AT THE MOMENT
THREE PEOPLE WHO YOU HOPE WILL DO THE MEME
THREE THINGS YOU DID LAST NIGHT
1. saw SUCKS AND THE CITY, TOO. man, that was bad. really, really bad. though Aidan is back to his hot, firmish self. boy, he gives me the good-kind-of-willies.
2. talked about SUCKS AND THE CITY over truffle fries and Cuban sandwiches with old and new friends.
3. danced a little bit.
THREE PEOPLE YOU LAST TALKED TO ON THE PHONE:
1. my friend who is in the hospital — good thoughts, people!
3. my daughter
THREE THINGS YOU ARE GOING TO DO TOMORROW:
1. Tim’s graduation party!
2. return the stupid census bag. because i quit today. HA.
3. I’d like to leave the third option open.
THREE OF YOUR FAVORITE DRINKS:
2. fizzy lemonade
3. lemon mint slushie
THREE THINGS THAT MADE YOU SMILE TODAY:
1. quitting the stupid census.
2. Chad’s haircut. Millie at Millie’s in Alameda is just super and super-affordable. i love Chad. he is so handsome and enjoyable to look at. see?
3. my garden, which I did some work in while I was locked out of the house and waiting many hours for someone to come home and let me in yesterday.
How cute are we? I especially love the first one.
I’ve been wearing contacts for ages. When I’m not wearing them and want to see [which isn’t as often as you might think, my eyesight isn’t too bad on its own], I use the c. 1999 dotcom black pair. Someone mentioned the $8 glasses at Zenni Optical and after my last checkup, I decided to order a pair for utilitarian purposes. They were $19.95 or $23.95 or something and under $30 with shipping and took a week or two to get here. It was a good excuse to fool around with some photoshop filters anyway and I might choose a new icon. Maybe. I don’t know if I’m ready to go back to glasses-Gwen on the Internet. But I do look pretty smart, huh. [Do NOT zoom in unless you want to be thoroughly grossed out by my flaky, crepey dry skin. Stupid winter.]