1. I finally listed some stuff on Etsy. I still have dozens of other things to put up but three is a start. [If you are so moved, don’t pay full price! — contact me directly, you get a discount because you are awesome.]
2. I bought pink tulips at the farmer’s market today. I will show you them when they open.
3. We have gone to PE twice this week. I was very tired today.
4. At craft night last week, I met a couple of the Bette’s Bodacious Beading Beauties and was invited to bead craft night on Wednesday.
5. Thursday night they’re showing The Godfather at the theater. I’ve never seen it. Next week is part II.
6. Painting is going okay. I am on sample board #3 [five “organic” sections — striped, patterned, geometric shapes, blend, texture] and my lines are much better since the instructor showed me how to hold the brush. I am not sure why this isn’t part of general instruction but whatever.
7. My darks are taking for.e.ver. to dry. I don’t know why I bother, everything is covered with cat hair anyway since they’re in full winter coat mode.
8. I did not take more lightbox pictures yet but I did score a black velvet shawl at the flea market for $2 and bought some 100W daylight bulbs today.
9. I don’t know what else. I am plugging along.
Meme kind of via loolica though not exactly the same.
2009 top 25 most played
[songs that were added in 2009, I cannot figure out how to show how many plays all songs had only in 2009. and I don’t think it counts my ipod plays, because the numbers on my last.fm profile [friend me!] are different.]
22 of the 25 here: 2009 most played mix
1 Family Reunion (feat. David Banner) — Kid Sister (19)
early summer. it’s on a summer mix I never finished.
2 Maybe So, Maybe No — Mayer Hawthorne (19)
total summer song, we listened to this on our trip to Portland
3 Now I’m A Fool — Eagles of Death Metal (18)
Glen played this one when he visited
4 Lisztomania (Classixx Version) — Phoenix (18)
now on a million commercials and shows. reminds me most of late 80s, makes me very sentimental
5 What’s On Your Mind — Eric B & Rakim (17)
Chad discovered this song this year and made me play it over and over
6 Feather — Little Dragon (16)
the one with that whirly kid-toy-noise-making-tube-you-swing-around thing
7 Make You Mine — Miami Horror (16)
8 Anotha (BBQ) — People Under The Stairs (16)
I don’t know why this doesn’t have the same number of plays as Family Reunion, they always got played together
9 1901 (Customised by DLID) — Phoenix (16)
car commercial. also makes me sad.
10 Shoes — Tiga (16)
awesome electro. I love walking like this. Click-click-click-click.
11 Far Away (Hercules and Love Affair Remix) — Cut Copy (15)
favorite band, remix by another favorite
12 The More That I Do (Foals Remix) — The Field (15)
this is one of the songs I don’t know by name or band but know backwards and forwards anyway. Excellent for gym warm-up.
13 Together (Album Version) — The Intruders (15)
The original of 8th-grade slow-dance song that I didn’t know existed.
14 Promise (siik remix) — Ciara (14)
This was on a keep it real radio mix. you. you.
15 Sunshower — Dr. Buzzard’s Original Savannah Band (14)
I think this was on that same mix, and another song I didn’t know existed [it’s the one sampled by M.I.A.]
16 Skeleton Boy (Air France Remix) — Friendly Fires (14)
I heard the original of this and didn’t recognize it at all. has one of my favorite traditional sing-along bits [ba-ba-ba-ba etc. this is planet earth]. [play it here]
17 Get Fresh — Kid Sister (14)
I bust out to this when no-one’s home. I am not 14. [play it here]
18 Ya Mama (Remix) — The Pharcyde (14)
omg. I have been singing ya mama like this since time immemorial then I heard this remix they did just like I’d made up. crazy.
19 Stand In A Line — Rubies (14)
I have almost no opinion about this song. It must be on a playlist I listened to a lot.
20 I’ll Get You feat. Jeppe (Royal Rumble Edit) — Classixx (13)
omg I love this song. LOVE. total me & Chad song.
21 Paris (ft. Au Revoir Simone) (Aeroplane Remix) — Friendly Fires (13)
also me & Chad. even though Paul found it. also liked Air France a lot for remixes this year. [play some here]
22 I Will Come Back (Classixx Acapulco Nights Version) — Holy Ghost! (13)
very 80s. sad.
23 Te vas a enterar — Klaus & Kinski (13)
great album. goes well with last year’s Allá
24 Shooting Stars — Bag Raiders (12)
this is probably on a bunch of commercials.
25 Deli — Delorean (12)
Spanish electro band we were listening to so long ago that I forgot they existed and they finally put out a new album and now they are all over the place.
Most listened songs 2003-2009
1 Signs (feat. Charlie Wilson & Justin Timberlake) — Snoop Dogg (83)
2 Baby Love — Regina (54)
3 Jimmy & Jenny — Timbaland (54)
4 Ooh Wee Ooh — Photobooth (53)
5 I Want Cris Edwards — Andrew (49)
6 Our Day Will Come — Ruby and the Romantics (49)
7 When You Come Crawling Back — The Swills (48)
8 Tomorrow — Mark Ronson (47)
9 I Get Around — 2Pac (47)
10 Everyday — Lucy Pearl (46)
11 Ice Cream and Cake — Buckwheat Boyz (45)
12 Me & Mr Jones — Amy Winehouse (44)
13 Nuff Teef — Psyche Origami (44)
14 One to Grow On — UMC’s (42)
15 Jealous Guy — Donny Hathaway (40)
16 Bubble Pop Electric featuring Johnny Vulture — Gwen Stefani (40)
17 Say Somethin’ (Feat. Snoop Dogg) — Mariah Carey (40)
18 The Mayor Of Simpleton — XTC (40)
19 Bad Babysitter (feat. High & Mighty) — Princess Superstar (39)
20 Q.T. Pie — The Wild Boyz (39)
21 Baby Workout — Jackie Wilson (38)
22 She’s Not Just Another Woman — The 8th Day (38)
23 Desperado (Canción del Mariachi) — Calexico (37)
24 Good Life (Ft. T-Pain) — Kanye West (37)
25 The Lovers’ Rights — The Rosebuds (37)
I have 6070 songs with no play count. Though I am looking and positive I have listened to them. Probably due to the play count resent debacle in 2003. iTunes is so funky sometimes. I know I listened to that Young-Holt album numerous times last year yet 0 all around.
1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before? Took a plane to go on vacation and stayed in a hotel [not motel! not couch!] for an entire week. Experienced a real lightning/thunder storm.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for this year? I don’t make them. I am making a list of things I would like to work on this year, which is the list I make all the time.
5. What countries did you visit? Just the U.S. I did go to the South, which is *like* a different country.
7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Inauguration day was a pretty damn big deal. <— stealing this answer from S. who stole it from spoggy
March 26 was my personal favorite.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? getting better at jewelry making, selling some to people.
9. What was your biggest failure? I don't want to sound all motivational, but I don't really believe in failure in general. Some things it takes me awhile to get around to *doing*…but doing is most of the battle so whatever and if it didn't work, figure it out a/o move on.
11. What was the best thing you bought? this year's ornament.
14. Where did most of your money go? Bills.
16. What song will always remind you of 2009? All those tropical electronic ones. “Maybe So, Maybe No.”
24. What was your favorite TV program? Psych
26. What was the best book you read? Langston Hughes’ I Wonder As I Wander [I know I have mentioned this before but 1. it is awesome and 2. I don’t read much anymore.]
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? If it was over. Oh, wait, it is! HOORAY FOR 2010.
36. What political issue stirred you the most? There are so many. Today I am miffed about the cover story in this week’s Economist [women will make up more than 50% of the US workforce in a few months] that says “motherhood, not sexism” is the reason for wage discrepancy between the sexes.
38. Who was the best new person you met? I have enjoyed getting to know J. better. Also Coach Thompson is pretty awesome. And I have met and gotten to know more people than I got to know last year.