THREE NAMES YOU GO BY:
THREE THINGS YOU ARE WEARING RIGHT NOW:
1. the perfect beige tank. i was kind of hoping J. would be wearing hers today, too, so we could be twinsies. but we did not coordinate.
2. beige lace top.
3. shorts. it is finally warm. i’m going to the beach in a moment.
THREE THINGS YOU WANT VERY BADLY AT THE MOMENT
THREE PEOPLE WHO YOU HOPE WILL DO THE MEME
THREE THINGS YOU DID LAST NIGHT
1. saw SUCKS AND THE CITY, TOO. man, that was bad. really, really bad. though Aidan is back to his hot, firmish self. boy, he gives me the good-kind-of-willies.
2. talked about SUCKS AND THE CITY over truffle fries and Cuban sandwiches with old and new friends.
3. danced a little bit.
THREE PEOPLE YOU LAST TALKED TO ON THE PHONE:
1. my friend who is in the hospital — good thoughts, people!
3. my daughter
THREE THINGS YOU ARE GOING TO DO TOMORROW:
1. Tim’s graduation party!
2. return the stupid census bag. because i quit today. HA.
3. I’d like to leave the third option open.
THREE OF YOUR FAVORITE DRINKS:
2. fizzy lemonade
3. lemon mint slushie
THREE THINGS THAT MADE YOU SMILE TODAY:
1. quitting the stupid census.
2. Chad’s haircut. Millie at Millie’s in Alameda is just super and super-affordable. i love Chad. he is so handsome and enjoyable to look at. see?
3. my garden, which I did some work in while I was locked out of the house and waiting many hours for someone to come home and let me in yesterday.
1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before? Took a plane to go on vacation and stayed in a hotel [not motel! not couch!] for an entire week. Experienced a real lightning/thunder storm.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for this year? I don’t make them. I am making a list of things I would like to work on this year, which is the list I make all the time.
5. What countries did you visit? Just the U.S. I did go to the South, which is *like* a different country.
7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Inauguration day was a pretty damn big deal. <— stealing this answer from S. who stole it from spoggy
March 26 was my personal favorite.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? getting better at jewelry making, selling some to people.
9. What was your biggest failure? I don't want to sound all motivational, but I don't really believe in failure in general. Some things it takes me awhile to get around to *doing*…but doing is most of the battle so whatever and if it didn't work, figure it out a/o move on.
11. What was the best thing you bought? this year's ornament.
14. Where did most of your money go? Bills.
16. What song will always remind you of 2009? All those tropical electronic ones. “Maybe So, Maybe No.”
24. What was your favorite TV program? Psych
26. What was the best book you read? Langston Hughes’ I Wonder As I Wander [I know I have mentioned this before but 1. it is awesome and 2. I don’t read much anymore.]
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? If it was over. Oh, wait, it is! HOORAY FOR 2010.
36. What political issue stirred you the most? There are so many. Today I am miffed about the cover story in this week’s Economist [women will make up more than 50% of the US workforce in a few months] that says “motherhood, not sexism” is the reason for wage discrepancy between the sexes.
38. Who was the best new person you met? I have enjoyed getting to know J. better. Also Coach Thompson is pretty awesome. And I have met and gotten to know more people than I got to know last year.